[Reviews - 1] Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +
Story Notes:
   Yes, they all belong to Paramount. I think they'd have more fun around me, though.

Neelix: "I've been aging fruit compote in root nectar for weeks now. I can't just let it go to waste."
Janeway: "Could you not ferment those compotes so long this time, 'cos last year I got a little light-headed. " -- Mortal Coil

      Several months later ...
   
     Neelix looked up as the mess hall doors opened.


     "Good afternoon, Commander. Come for your dessert?"


     Chakotay nodded, "I have just enough time to finish the main dish before the Captain arrives for her birthday dinner."


       Neelix smiled. "Well, I'm delighted that you want to serve my compote. I just wish the Captain would let us give her a party."


         The commander smiled in return. "Well, you know how she is ... doesn't want us to make a fuss over her."


         "I understand," Neelix said, his voice muffled as he leaned into the cooler.  He pulled out a covered bowl and placed it on the counter.  "There you go," he said, "Just as you ordered. I do hope she enjoys it."


          "I'm sure she will," Chakotay said with a wink as he took the bowl. "See you later."


           Neelix watched as the doors swished shut, then allowed himself a wry grin.
        
              "That will be some dessert,' he muttered. "That compote's been fermenting since Prixin."